Re: Prevent a user from entering safe mode

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (Torgeir.Bakken-spam_at_hydro.com)
Date: 04/29/05

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:04:25 +0200

Malke wrote:

> Doug Knox MS-MVP wrote:
>
>> This isn't correct, Malke. A BIOS password prevents the machine from
>> even booting.
>>

> That's what I meant to happen, Doug. If the users decide to reboot into
> Safe Mode, they'll be stuck and have to call the IT Dept. for help. The
> consequences can then be made unpleasant enough that the users won't
> try to get around company policy again.
Hi,

I can't see how a BIOS password is able to differentiate between an
ordinary boot and a safe mode boot?

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

  • Re: extra download
    ... Malke wrote: ... >>to the original starting post instead of responding to any of the ... refers to be a response to the original article that started the ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
  • Re: APPLICATION ERRORS - HELP ME PLEASE!!
    ... Malke wrote: ... >>you guys mustve missed my post....look at the parent ... not the reply i gave myself just to raise the ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Windows Xp Home Hangs during Start
    ... > Malke wrote: ... Please do not multipost. ... >>Crosspost if you must and set a followup. ... -- torgeir, Microsoft MVP Scripting and WMI, Porsgrunn Norway Administration scripting examples and an ONLINE version of the 1328 page Scripting Guide: ...