Re: Free Download: Visio Connector for MBSA

From: Roger Abell (mvpNOSpam_at_asu.edu)
Date: 04/29/05

Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 07:45:36 -0700

Why would you think Sanjay's announcing to the public the
general availability of this useful security related tool from
the Visio group to be a fruitless spam posting?

It is from MS personnel properly x-posted to relevant groups.
And - it can be a very useful addition if you use MBSA in an
enterprise environment too.

--
Roger Abell
Microsoft MVP (Windows  Security)
> In news:OwzJj2BTFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl,
> Sanjay Puri [MSFT] <sanjaypuri@online.microsoft.com> had this to say:
>
>  My reply is at the bottom of your sent message:
>
> > Visualize the security status of your network with the Visio
> > Connector for MBSA.
> >
> > This free utility allows you to view the results of an MBSA (Microsoft
> > Baseline Security Analyzer) scan in a clear, comprehensive Visio 2003
> > network diagram. You must have both Visio 2003 and MBSA 1.2.1 for this
> > connector to function.
> >
> > Learn more or download this free utility at
> > http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/tools/mbsavisio.mspx
> >
> > Sanjay Puri

> > rights.
>
> Normally I'd have expected people to rant and claim this was SPAM or UCE.
> took a minute to click the link. I'm not sure if I'm going to say thank
you
> yet... <grins> It's likely that you've added (it's downloading now) a
whole
> new toy to play with and take some of my time away from me. I guess that's
> thank you but I'm holding out to see how many hours I play with it first.
> Hopefully not too long... You never know, I might have something important
> to do.
>
> Galen
> --
>
> "My mind rebels at stagnation. Give me problems, give me work, give me
> the most abstruse cryptogram or the most intricate analysis, and I am
> in my own proper atmosphere. I can dispense then with artificial
> stimulants. But I abhor the dull routine of existence. I crave for
> mental exaltation." -- Sherlock Holmes

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Free Download: Visio Connector for MBSA
    ... the Visio group to be a fruitless spam posting? ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... >> Visualize the security status of your network with the Visio ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Free Download: Visio Connector for MBSA
    ... the Visio group to be a fruitless spam posting? ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... >> Visualize the security status of your network with the Visio ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Free Download: Visio Connector for MBSA
    ... the Visio group to be a fruitless spam posting? ... Microsoft MVP (Windows Security) ... >> Visualize the security status of your network with the Visio ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)