Re: Spyware Removed, but computer restarts by itself

From: Curious George's Twin (shaggy_at_whoamitoday.net)
Date: 04/28/05

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:00:40 -0400

Billy

When in doubt, format c and start from scratch. Its refreshing and
eliminates all stuff, all problems, etc.

> From: "Billygatesjuniour" <Billygatesjuniour@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | While i was on a holiday, my parents used the computer and some how they
> got
> | spyware installed on the computer even though i am using Microsofts
> Spyware
> | Program, it always works great. So it found 69 diffrent spyware files on
> the
> | computer and erased them all for me. I did a restart as it requested,
> but now
> | will only make in to my desk top screen, run for about a minute and the
> | restart itself and continues to do so on and on again. This only happens
> when
> | the computer is plugged in to the internet, when it is unplugged in
> works
> | great and does not shut it self down. What did i do or what am i missing
> | here, can spyware take control of the computers startup functions and
> cause
> | it to restart.
> |
> | Thanks for your help
>
> I guess that can be a negative consequence of using a Beta software !
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Spyware Removed, but computer restarts by itself
    ... | While i was on a holiday, my parents used the computer and some how they got ... | spyware installed on the computer even though i am using Microsofts Spyware ... I did a restart as it requested, ...
  • Re: please help! stuck on blue windows xp logo screen
    ... and asked if I wanted to restart my computer now (after installing updates ... I have no clue) so I clicked on "restart now" and I went ... After removing the spyware, ... Open regedit ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: please help! stuck on blue windows xp logo screen
    ... and asked if I wanted to restart my computer now (after installing updates ... I have no clue) so I clicked on "restart now" and I went ... After removing the spyware, ... Open regedit ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Since installing SP2 my computer randomly reboots!!!!
    ... Make sure your microsoft firewall is on. ... I also noticed you didn't include spyware scans for those ... >I installed SP2 when it was released and almost ... >restart, and once having restarted it would just restart ...
  • RE: no desktop icons, start menu, task bar??
    ... Download super anti spyware, install, update and remove all the spyware it ... Then restart, again update and again run and remove all the spyware it ... and it disappears from the task manager. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)