Re: Spyware Removed, but computer restarts by itself

From: Curious George's Twin (shaggy_at_whoamitoday.net)
Date: 04/28/05

Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 09:00:40 -0400

Billy

When in doubt, format c and start from scratch. Its refreshing and
eliminates all stuff, all problems, etc.

> From: "Billygatesjuniour" <Billygatesjuniour@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | While i was on a holiday, my parents used the computer and some how they
> got
> | spyware installed on the computer even though i am using Microsofts
> Spyware
> | Program, it always works great. So it found 69 diffrent spyware files on
> the
> | computer and erased them all for me. I did a restart as it requested,
> but now
> | will only make in to my desk top screen, run for about a minute and the
> | restart itself and continues to do so on and on again. This only happens
> when
> | the computer is plugged in to the internet, when it is unplugged in
> works
> | great and does not shut it self down. What did i do or what am i missing
> | here, can spyware take control of the computers startup functions and
> cause
> | it to restart.
> |
> | Thanks for your help
>
> I guess that can be a negative consequence of using a Beta software !
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Spyware Removed, but computer restarts by itself
    ... | While i was on a holiday, my parents used the computer and some how they got ... | spyware installed on the computer even though i am using Microsofts Spyware ... I did a restart as it requested, ...
  • Re: please help! stuck on blue windows xp logo screen
    ... and asked if I wanted to restart my computer now (after installing updates ... I have no clue) so I clicked on "restart now" and I went ... After removing the spyware, ... Open regedit ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: please help! stuck on blue windows xp logo screen
    ... and asked if I wanted to restart my computer now (after installing updates ... I have no clue) so I clicked on "restart now" and I went ... After removing the spyware, ... Open regedit ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Since installing SP2 my computer randomly reboots!!!!
    ... Make sure your microsoft firewall is on. ... I also noticed you didn't include spyware scans for those ... >I installed SP2 when it was released and almost ... >restart, and once having restarted it would just restart ...
  • RE: ....generated an error and will be closed by windows......
    ... really hoping I don't have to reformat and lose everything, ... > My computer is plagued by spyware and adware. ... I use Ad-Aware, MS ... > to restart the program. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)