Re: User Right Assignments

From: p51mustang (taordw_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 04/26/05

Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 14:16:25 -0400

Juan,

Where do I find this - Local Security Configuration\Local Directives\
 User rights assignment\Access this machine from the Network

Tim

"Juan" <soyquiensoy@terra.com> wrote in message
> Not sure if this will help, but at least has some relation:
>
> 1) Check that the "Server" service in Management Tools
> is running, and set to Automatic start.
>
> 2) In Local Security Configuration\Local Directives\
> User rights assignment\Access this machine from the Network.
> Check that user groups are added in this policy.
>
> Regards.
>
> ------------------------------
> "p51mustang" <taordw@yahoo.com> escribió en el mensaje
> > I have an XP Pro box, that will not users connect over the network. The
> > right "Access this from the network" does not and will not keep the
users
> > listed. The default is Administrators,Users,Power Users,Backup Admins.
> The
> > settings will not save. If I go back in the users are missing. Is
there
> > fix for this?
> >
> > TIA
> > Tim

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Group Policy Security setting could not be determined
    ... Doug, thanks for the tip. ... > network places actually shows me my local shared resources on my laptop ... >> Upon investigation of the Local Security Policies I receive this nasty ... >> All local security settings will be displayed, ...
  • Re: statistics on hacking
    ... Im trying to get lots of ammo for some security changes I ... Hi, this is Tim Vic ... helps you visually see attacks being targeted against your network. ... disable your RTAV during the install. ...
  • Re: Big networking problems
    ... network, and thus the internet, but cannot connect to the home computer. ... Administrative Tools in my home comp, Local Security Settings, Local ... Saying "Could not assign Local Policy setting. ...
  • Re: Booting sparkly new F12 install, error 13 from grub.
    ... I was forgetting the other common reason for that sort of thing: ... Can you change network hardware around? ... Now I'm playing at trying to get a Mint8, 64 bit install to boot from a hard ... Tim, if this is fedora's version of vendor lock-in, it is NOT pretty. ...
    (Fedora)
  • The Group Policy security settings that apply to this machinecould not be determined.
    ... that has issues is the laptop an ACER TravelMate 4000 laptop. ... "network is not accessible. ... All local security settings will be displayed, ...