Re: Policy Editor

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (cnfrisch_at_nospamgmail.com)
Date: 04/19/05

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:08:06 -0500

How to set, view, change, or remove special permissions for files and folders in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308419

HOW TO: Use the Group Policy Editor to Manage Local Computer Policy in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307882&Product=winxp

Doug's Windows XP Security Console

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Doug Knox]

Please visit the experts in the Group Policy newsgroup

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
"Donal" wrote:
| I wish to create a user logon on a stand alone XP Pro PC whereby when logging
| in as a user it is totally locked down and will only alow access to a single
| application.
| Does this require policy editor to be downloaded and if so is this available
| on the Microsoft website.
|
| Any help in this matter would be very much appreciated.
|
| Donal

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do you all manage employee workstations? Looking for sugge
    ... 314886 Some Issues to Consider If Windows XP Users Have Roaming Profiles ... Folder Redirection is a User group policy. ... client computer will be saved in one server box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How do you all manage employee workstations? Looking for suggestio
    ... 314886 Some Issues to Consider If Windows XP Users Have Roaming Profiles ... Folder Redirection is a User group policy. ... client computer will be saved in one server box. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... Antivir *usually* does not interfere with the installation of core ... Proxycfg settings WORKED. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... Be sure you back up the registry if you decide to try the steps listed under 'Reset the default security provider in Windows XP '. ... [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates] ... Antivir *usually* does not interfere with the installation of core system updating components. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Best way to lock down user profile on XP client?
    ... Templates\System\Don't run specified Windows applications] group policy to ... specified Windows applications] group policy. ... Using Software Restriction Policies to Protect Against Unauthorized Software ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)