Re: Disable Windows Login

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (cnfrisch_at_nospamgmail.com)
Date: 04/19/05

Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:56:11 -0500

You can implement the following procedure to enable automatic logon:

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2 , and then click OK.
3. In the dialog box that appears, clear the "Users must enter a user name
    and password to use this computer" check box, and then click OK.

How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;315231&Product=winxp

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
"Nick D" wrote:
| Is there any way to turn windows XP log in off. I am the only person who uses
| my computer. I don't need the extra security. Please help.
| -Nick D

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Get Rid of Windows XP Welcome Page?
    ... You can implement the following procedure to enable automatic logon: ... In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2, and then click OK. ... How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows ... | How can I get rid of this Welcome page? ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: The Welcome Screen
    ... In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary logon. ... The changes will work the next time you restart your computer. ... How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows ... Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to shut Welcome Screen Off
    ... In the new Windows that appears select the account you wish to make the primary logon. ... How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows ... Add Control UserPasswords2 to the Control Panel ...
  • Re: Welcome Screen
    ... You can implement the following procedure to enable automatic logon: ... In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2, and then click OK. ... How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows ... Microsoft MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: sign on requires password
    ... In the Open box, type: control userpasswords2, and then click OK. ... How to Enable Automatic Logon in Windows ... Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies: ...