Re: Available XP Logs

From: Malke (
Date: 04/14/05

Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 06:31:04 -0700

MrsFaze wrote:

> Malke,
> Thanks, actually I am the IT department, but I am better with
> non-windows, the actual hardware and networks. Having to get a better
> grasp on Windows, but I am behind. Have a little department war going
> on, they have already crashed a hard drive and a lot of other petty
> stuff. At the time this happened I did not have auditing turned on, I
> do now. I just don't want the primary user to get in trouble for this
> as I do not think she is capable of doing this. I am pretty sure I
> know who, but need to prove it. By the way, what did you mean by
> That is something I have not run accross in all my studying. Any
> other tips would be appreciated as well.

I would suggest you call in an outside professional to help you get set
up. It is not possible for users to "crash a hard drive" by simply
using the operating system. Of course they can hose the operating
system, but physically damaging a hard drive from within Windows is not

"IIRC" is short for "If I Recall Correctly".

MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
In Memoriam - MVP Alex Nichol
The world is diminished without him.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Mgr802x.exe - application error message
    ... > Thank you Malke. ... > As to the guest account. ... Windows wireless manager instead and see if that fixes things. ... In Memoriam - MVP Alex Nichol ...
  • Re: Right-Click crash afte Win98 to WinXp upgrade
    ... Thanks Malke! ... I downloaded ShellExView and I found that I had installed a thumbview (for ... pictures)program that apparently is not compatible with Windows XP. ... > In Memoriam - MVP Alex Nichol ...
  • Re: complete system restore
    ... Malke Wrote: ... > can i download windows xp after i do a complete system restore. ... > restore your operating system. ...
  • Re: uninstalling Windows XP
    ... I have by mistake installed XP twice on my PC under different drives and ... "Malke" wrote: ... >> how to uninstall windows XP from my computer? ... > don't uninstall an operating system. ...
  • Re: desktop continually reloads...
    ... OK, Malke, I think getting data off will not be a problem, its just the ... >> reformat and clean install... ... Boot the sick computer with Knoppix, a Linux distro on a live cd. ... > will be able to see the Windows files. ...