Re: SP2 Firewall

From: Shenan Stanley (newshelper_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/10/05

Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 19:34:07 -0500

Chris Matchett wrote:
> The SP2 Firewall has stopped my ftp programs working.
>
> I have added the programs to 'exceptions' and opened up Port 21 and
> still no joy. Is there anything else I can do? (please don't say turn
> it off :) ).
>
> Could it also have anything to do with the fact my Windows XP machine
> is sitting behind a linux router with and firewall?

You mean in Internet Explorer?
Go into Internet Options...Advanced, find the entry under "browsing"
called "Use Passive FTP" and un-check it.

And if you haven't opened the ports (allowed them to pass-through) on your
other firewall, then that could be the problem, yes.

--
<- Shenan ->
responsible for your actions/problems/solutions.   Know what you are