My internet has been hijacked!!!

From: Andrew from Cornwall (Cornwall_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/09/05

    Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 02:07:02 -0700

    Can anyone help, have some sort of spyware in my home computer, redirects
    home page to about:/blank with some sort of search engine, then pop up's
    appear all over saying about spyware / pc performance etc.. Have tried
    Adaware & Spybot Search & Destroy to remove but to no joy. The bug will
    prevent me from loggging on to microsoft website and or downloading updates.
    How can I rid this.
    I connect via ADSL this is still unaffected.

    Please help.....

    • Unwanted Search Page
      ... I must inadvertently downloaded some sort of spyware? ... is a search engine that is on my c drive and everytime I ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Unwanted Search Page
      ... Spybot Search and Destroy ... >I must inadvertently downloaded some sort of spyware? ... >is a search engine that is on my c drive and everytime I ...
      (microsoft.public.security.virus)
    • Re: I want to change Search Engine
      ... Dealing with Unwanted Spyware and Parasites: ... How to Reinstall or Repair Internet Explorer and Outlook Express ... >> panel for searches. ... >> the address bar will now be sent to your preferred search engine. ...
    • Re: LDS 1881 census CDs
      ... I seem to remember there was some sort of patch to run on XP or perhaps ... JUDY ELKINGTON ... It includes Scotland ans it has a way better search engine. ... The problem with running it on later versions of Windows is changes Micro$oft made to their directory structure and registry. ...
      (soc.genealogy.britain)
    • Re: Techie query.Russian Real player. not a lot of info
      ... > By some sort of AdWare, SpyWare, Trojan or other MalWare & ScumWare. ... > be to Install SP2, ... in my book anybody who can actually speak Russian (and isn't ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)