Downloading files - permissions?????

From: Laneclot (Laneclot_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/09/05

Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 01:13:01 -0700

.Hii,

I ned some help, before Thursday of this week, whenever i tried to download
a file from a site I was prompted to confirm or allow the download. My
daughter used my machine to do some home work after I finished, but now when
I try to download anything I end up with an error page saying I am not
authorised, even though I have used the sit before and trust it implicitly.
I know that somewhere in internet options you can change your settings to
allow downloads with a prompt - but I am just a user of PC's not a technical
wizard - any help would be much appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PestPatrol
    ... Most of the malware gets on a system these days via your active X settings ... Download signed active x controls>set to prompt ... Download unsigned active x controls>set to disable ... Initialize and script active x controls not marked as safe>set to disable ...
  • Re: Cannot get AVG updates
    ... but I did) which led me to a different bit of AVG ... If you Download it File) *Manually* ... in whatever Folder was the last Folder ... Now *that* Warning Prompt is actually WinXP telling you ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: malware affecting IE7 on XP
    ... Otherwise you may not be at the computer to see the prompt telling you to install them NOW! ... Windows Desktop Experience ... Then a page saying that I have security problems pops up, and prompts me to download security updates, and IE puts up a messsage bar saying that it has blocked the site from downloading files, as you can see in the screen capture here: ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: forgot password
    ... went to the website and downloaded the cd download. ... but when I use Nero to burn the file I just see the iso image file. ... Look at Nero's Help files for "burn .iso" to see how. ... The next prompt will be "What is the path to the registry ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Downloads seem to disappear & or not run
    ... The adminitrator account can download and save files correctly, however this user account can not. ... I think the group policy settings for file download just reflect the settings available in: ... Tools> Internet options> Advanced> Reset Internet Explorer settings. ...