RE: Win XP Registry Editing

From: Julie (Julie_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/05/05

Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 08:41:05 -0700

Thank you.

"MAP" wrote:

> "Julie" wrote:
>
> > We are running Win XP SP 2. Our users need to be able to run a script that
> > changes the following registry key:
> >
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE
> >
> > We have given our users full control under this register key, but still
> > receive the messgae "registry editing have been disabled by your admin"
> > message.
> >
> > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> > --
> > Thank you,
> > Julie
>
> From kellys-corner.com
>
> Registry - Disable Registry Editing Tools
>
> Disable or Enable Registry Editing Tools (Line 213)
>
> Repair the Registry Editor (Line 173)
>
> Lift Restrictions from the Registry Editor (Line 275)
>
> Manual:
>
> Start/Run/Regedit
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System
>
> Value Name: DisableRegistryTools
> Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
> Value Data: (0 = allow regedit, 1 = disable regedit)
>
> Create a new DWORD value named 'DisableRegistryTools' and set the value to
> '1' to disable registry editing functions.
> Restart Windows for the change to take effect.
>
> Save the file to the root of your C drive, naming it regfix.reg. Open a
> command prompt window (start, run, cmd.exe) and enter the following
> command: regedit -s c:\regfix.reg
>
> Type in that command in hit the enter key. You should then be able to run
> regedit.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Win XP Registry Editing
    ... > changes the following registry key: ... Registry - Disable Registry Editing Tools ... command prompt window and enter the following ...
  • RE: regedit.exe - again
    ... Sounds like "Disable Registry Editing Tool" policy is in place. ...
  • Enable/Disable Regedit
    ... only removes the virus but also fixes the registry entry ... >disable registry editing. ...
  • Re: Start directory for CFileDialog
    ... >I have checked the content of m_ofn and the member lpstrInitialDir is only an empty string when doModal is called for the dialog. ... >As for the register key, I have deleted ALL registry references that I could find to the directory that the CFileDialog starts with but that didn't make a difference. ... >I have also tried to use SetCurrentVersion() to change the directory. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: Reading old Registry files (pmj ?)
    ... any Registry Hive File anyway & Export it in several Formats. ... the standard w98 Regedit will do it!!! ... RealMode MSDOS & not in a Command prompt Window), ... rather than the ordinary w98 Help Files ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)