Re: XP Firewall will not enable at system boot

From: Arkansas 275 (Arkansas275_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 04/03/05

Date: Sat, 2 Apr 2005 16:31:02 -0800

I have Norton Internet Security Personal Firewall, disabled, but Norton
Internet Security Outbreak Alert, Anti Spam, Intrusion Detection, and
Anitvirus is enabled. I will disable everything except antivirus and see
what happens.

"Peter" wrote:

> It will be turned off if you have another software firewall enabled... if
> you don't then not sure what is causing that.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Home SP2
> P4 dual HT @ 3.0ghz, 1.0gb RAM, 160gb HD
> "Arkansas 275" <Arkansas275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running XP Home SP2. I use Norton Internet Security with the firewall
> > feture disabled. In spite of all my attempts to get XP SP2 Firewall to
> > enable when I boot, it always comes up disabled until I manually enable
> > it.
> >
> > I update definitions and run Spybot S&D, Ad-Aware SE Plus, Spy Sweeper,
> > and
> > antivirus feature of Notron Internet Security 2005 at least once a week so
> > am farely confident that I do not have a virus, worm, or any other such
> > malware.
> >
> > The only suggestion anyone has made was by a couple people who hate Norton
> > so they uttered a few comments and told me to uninstall Norton.
> >
> > Can anyone help with something other than to blame Norton?
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> > --
> > Dick

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Nortons Or McAfee Or ??????
    ... In the past I've seen posted many complaints regarding McAfee Internet Security and Nortons System Works. ... I need to purchase a similar program but I'm worried about the complaints I see from people more experianced than I and also the cost of purchasing these programs. ... I used, and recommended, Norton Antivirus and then Norton Internet Security, for many years, on Win98, WinNT, Win2K, and WinXP, all without any significant problems. ...
  • Re: Nortons Or McAfee Or ??????
    ... In the past I've seen posted many complaints regarding McAfee Internet Security and Nortons System Works. ... I need to purchase a similar program but I'm worried about the complaints ... I used, and recommended, Norton Antivirus and then Norton Internet Security, for many years, on Win98, WinNT, Win2K, and WinXP, all without any significant problems. ...
  • Re: Which Internet Security Suite to get included with new computer?
    ... Internet Security Suite from Norton, McAfee, or Trend Micro in the purchase price. ... I am open to advice ranging from one of them being superior, to they all are inferior, to which one sucks the least, or even the one easiest to remove without hosing the system before installing a different suite. ... Vista's built-in firewall, although superior to that of WinXP, is of a rudimentary nature, intended to meet the simpler needs of most home consumers. ...
  • Re: Norton Internet Security screws up windows
    ... I had to dump Nortons Internet Security this week also.. ... competative upgrade rebate. ... > all through their support faqs and there is nothing mentioning Outlook ... > also automatically updates DAILY not weekly like Norton. ...
  • Re: I belive my XP Home o/s has been hi-jacked. Any ideas ?
    ... consider installing a first-rate internet security program: ... Norton Internet Security 2004 ... As for the Microsoft Catalog button, ...