Delete hidden files

From: x (sapmanie_at_excite.com)
Date: 04/01/05

Date: 31 Mar 2005 14:26:29 -0800

Hi,
I've the Elite spyware on my PC. The file called during bootup is
c:\windows\system32\eliteymo32.exe but they've hidden it from view in
Explorer. I've turned on the "Show system files" options etc. but it
won't display. The value in the registry ('etbrun')keeps coming back seconds
after I delete it with regedit. I've tried ad-aware, xoftware, and
spysweeper but none remove it permanently.

How can I delete this file? I've Windows XP Professional.

Also is it possible to bring a class action lawsuit against
searchmedia.com for maliciously infecting so many PCs this way?

Thks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Need help for using hd2iso
    ... > that Explorer does not recognize. ... >> can not use that CD bootup, I try to read what is in the CD, found ... >> RongRong ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Bootup C:?
    ... About a week ago when I bootup into Windows XP it goes to Explorer with C:\ ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bootup C:?
    ... Value Data: Explorer ... Can I delete this entry? ... KJB ... > About a week ago when I bootup into Windows XP it goes to Explorer with ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Bootup C:?
    ... > About a week ago when I bootup into Windows XP it goes to Explorer ... Prev by Date: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)