Re: Need to gray out an option in Graphics Properties.

From: Mike (Mike_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/31/05

Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 12:25:07 -0800

Thanks for your help.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> I was hoping that someone that knows more than I do would junp into this
> thread.
>
> Printers & Faxes for some reason doesn't have a *.cpl file.
> Neither do Administrative Tools, Fonts, Scanners and Cameras, Scheduled
> Tasks or Taskbar and Start Menu.
>
> They are Namespace objects. Whatever that is. Has something to do with
> being a shell folder with its own GUID.
>
> This will display the Printers & Faxes folder...
> Start | Run | Type or paste: Control printers | Click OK
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:AE148478-B39C-4BF4-BD21-604A2BC7562E@microsoft.com,
> Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > I found the Intel GMA driver igfxcpl.cpl and tried to hide the applet
> > but it still doesn't gray out the graphics property option when I
> > right click. I also couldn't find the .cpl extension for Printers &
> > Faxes.
> >
> > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
> >
> >> Mike,
> >>
> >> *.cpl files are Control Panel extensions.
> >>
> >> Do a Search for *.cpl in the %Systemroot%\System32 directory.
> >>
> >> *.cpl will return all files with a cpl extension.
> >>
> >> Hint: It isn't one of the following...
> >>
> >> Control Panel cpl's:
> >> access.cpl = Accessibility Options
> >> appwiz.cpl = Add or Remove Programs
> >> desk.cpl = Desktop Control Panel = Display Properties
> >> hdwwiz.cpl = Add Hardware Control Panel Applet
> >> inetcpl.cpl = Internet Control Panel = Internet Properties
> >> intl.cpl = Regional and Language Options
> >> irprops.cpl = Wireless Link Control Panel Applet
> >> joy.cpl = Game Controllers
> >> jpicpl32.cpl = JavaPlugin
> >> main.cpl = Mouse Properties
> >> mmsys.cpl = Sounds and Audio Device Properties
> >> ncpa.cpl = Network Connections Control-Panel Stub
> >> nusrmgr.cpl = Windows User Manager = Users Accounts
> >> nvtuicpl.cpl = NVIDIA nView Control Panel, Version 52.16
> >> nwc.cpl = Client Service for NetWare Applet
> >> odbccp32.cpl = Microsoft Data Access - ODBC Control Panel
> >> plotman.cpl = Autodesk Hardcopy Plotter Manager
> >> powercfg.cpl = Power Management Configuration Control Panel Applet
> >> or Power Options Properties
> >> SanCpl.cpl = SiSoftware Sandraâ„¢ English Control Panel Extension
> >> (Win32 x86)(NT)(ANSI)
> >> sapi.cpl = SAPI 5 = Speech Properties
> >> styleman.cpl = Autodesk Hardcopy Plot Style Manager
> >> sysdm.cpl = System Properties
> >> telephon.cpl = Telephony Control Panel
> >> timedate.cpl = Time Date Control Panel Applet
> >> wuaucpl.cpl = Automatic Updates Control Panel (Added by SP2??)
> >> Wscui.cpl = SP2 Security Center (SP2)
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> >>
> >> Wes
> >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
> >>
> >> In news:A636BABC-5B5B-4D9C-AE76-5F5F86B49C4E@microsoft.com,
> >> Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

> [...]

Relevant Pages

  • [SLE] Convert a Windows XP Prof to Linux
    ... I have an AMD 64 processor and many programs are not working with the x.64 editions, like scanners, correct printers, cameras, ... ... I have three partition and now only used one for Windows. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Cheap slide "scanners"
    ... down in price and, though flat-field optics aren't cheap, at least the ... Have you seen the prices enlarger lenses go at the moment? ... mount (For example I've seen Canon EOS film cameras with 2 lenses for under ... As these scanners are sealed units there is nothing stopping the makers from ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: Intel PC Camera help
    ... Mine is the CS330.....I tried Scanners and Cameras and ... I'll play with it to see if it will MSN Messenger, and how I can change the characters. ... deep six the Intel software. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Scanner woes
    ... current crop of digital cameras produce... ... Scanners already do that. ... *non-overlapping* cells. ... Cameras sample the whole image in one go. ...
    (comp.periphs.scanners)
  • Re: My camera wont upload images
    ... scanners and cameras, ... under it FinepixS5800 S800.When I clicked on it and tried to download the pictures I got ... Access the folder structure (they're usually in a folder named DCIM) ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)