RE: security settings prevent pics loading

From: jenniferesme (jenniferesme_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/24/05

Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2005 06:07:04 -0800

Yes, I can get properties and the address for the properties of the pic is:
file:///C:/Course%20Technology/10114-8/tutorial.01/tutorial/dube.jpg, which
means nothing to me. I think the path must be wrong. I expect I'll be
learning about that shortly! I guess this post is now in the wrong place,
because it doesn't seem like a security issue. I don't know where else I
would post it, though.
Thanks for your help.

"TimH" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> What probably happened is that when you inserted the picture your HTML page
> referenced it as being in C:\Windows (or something like that). When you view
> the webpage on another computer it looks in C:\Windows for the image and
> can't find it.
>
> Try using the View - Source menu option in IE. Does that help ?
> Can you right-click the red cross and get properties ?
>
> Regards,
>
> TimH
>
> "jenniferesme" wrote:
>
> > I am taking a class in web page design, and we are learning html. I inserted
> > a picture, but on the web browser it shows up as a red x in a box. My
> > security settings are at medium for internet and low for inTRAnet. I don't
> > know how to view this picture. I tried to save the file (in notepad) as an
> > .hta, but that did not work. Any ideas? Thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • security settings prevent pics loading
    ... I am taking a class in web page design, and we are learning html. ... a picture, but on the web browser it shows up as a red x in a box. ...
  • Re: WebBrowser and ExecWB
    ... Of course I needed to use the web browser ... do that even after I changed the picture box to a text box. ... In a VB6 program I am trying to copy the contents of the frmBrowser to ... when the Microsoft Internet Control is included in the components for the ...
  • Re: picture hidden
    ... I see only the placeholders and a red cross in the upper left corner. ... With earlier IE versions I could see the picture, ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...
  • Re: unable to view parts of outside site
    ... The issue is that our external website for the company uses our domain as ... "outside site maps a lot of the picture and content directly to company.com" ... The Web Browser renders the code and does what it is told. ... better be reachable from the internet from the user browser,...the web ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: R. Dean is correct
    ... "A picture is worth a thousand words. ... Not only does the Red Cross have a presence in Gulfport, Mississippi, the ... Red Cross has a shelter and the shelter is up and running." ...
    (rec.outdoors.fishing.fly)