Re: Elitum DyFuca n-Case

From: David H. Lipman (DLipman~nospam~_at_Verizon.Net)
Date: 03/16/05

Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 20:14:27 -0500

From: "A" <aaa@aol.com>

| I uninstalled SP2 and the machine is running back to speed..I did the
| downloads as previous post,,, trend and stinger...the malwares elitum DyFuCa
| and n-Case are still there (as reported by spybot s&d) adaware reports 30+
| problems...pop ups are still there too, at least with sp2 removed I can use
| the pc and connect to the net with firefox... . I will check out the pop ups
| and let you know who they are (payforpoups and adsforyou or something along
| those lines), I have allready tried their website addresses as part of this
| clean up but suprise surprise they don't exist anymore. As the machine is
| running and able to connect I will be able to run a hijackthis prog, never
| done it before so it will be interesting....I don't want to reformat as that
| is 'giving up' ,
| I don't want to take the machine to a profesional ...could you explain what
| you wanted him to do?
| | "Malke" <noreply@invalid.com> wrote in message

Nowhere do I see you downloaded, installed and updated Ad-aware SE v1.05.

1) Download the following item...

         Adaware SE
         http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

2) Disable System Restore
3) Reboot your PC into Safe Mode
4) Using Adaware SE, perform a Full Scan of your platform and clean/delete
        any parasites found.
5) Restart your PC and perform a "final" Full Scan of your platform using Adaware
6) Re-enable System Restore and re-apply any System Restore preferences,
        (e.g. HD space to use suggested 400 ~ 600MB),
7) Reboot your PC.
8) Create a new Restore point

* * * Please report back your results ! * * *

--
Dave

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Outlook Express hangs on connecting
    ... Recent NIS updates have created a massive amount of problems for many users, Neil. ... Frankly, without your expertise, that exercise created such confusion that I found it necessary to use System Restore to go back to yesterday. ... Then I checked Norton Live Update and found that the security downloads ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Security Question
    ... >> more careful with my downloads. ... I got this spyware recommendation from ... >> Adaware before and I thought it was very beneficial to keeping my PC ... I never open attachments from anyone unknown to me. ...
  • Re: disc drive c is low...17mb
    ... disapeared...dont know if one of the downloads has done it... ... of the downloads i had sent popups with the info).but tried system restore ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... When you hibernate your computer, Windows saves the contents of the ...
  • Re: IE downloads links, search engines, etc without approval
    ... This is the parasite from "allaboutsearching " AdAware should remove it. ... > downloads of toolbars, search engines, etc. ...
  • Re: Error saving html file
    ... Vista prohibits writing files IN THE ROOT, but not in FOLDERS under the root. ... all the downloads that had occurred since the last system restore. ...