Re: Java Byte Verify virus

From: Taurarian (taurarianREMOVECAPS_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 02/17/05

Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 22:23:05 +1100

Hi, try this NG, they might have some good suggestions
Security - Viruses

"Billjones85" <Billjones85@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently (stupidly) downloaded a few .exe files via a filesharing internet
> program and I seem to have picked up the above. AVG antivirus detects it but
> I can't delete it - it says it is an 'infected embedded object'?
>
> I started the PC this morning and it halted itself with a message (can't
> remember full details) saying something was trying to 'write to read only
> memory'?? From my limited knowledge this sounds like a virus. I reset the PC
> and it started OK.
>
> Can anyone help me get rid of this one?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Fsaxemn Service??
    ... I have had viruses in the past and got rid of them. ... > without the quotes, click on OK, place cursor on My Computer and use Edit, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Fsaxemn Service??
    ... I have had viruses in the past and got rid of them. ... > without the quotes, click on OK, place cursor on My Computer and use Edit, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Fsaxemn Service??
    ... I have had viruses in the past and got rid of them. ... > without the quotes, click on OK, place cursor on My Computer and use Edit, ...
  • Re: Fsaxemn Service??
    ... I have had viruses in the past and got rid of them. ... > without the quotes, click on OK, place cursor on My Computer and use Edit, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • REVIEW: "Absolute PC Security and Privacy", Michael Miller
    ... %T "Absolute PC Security and Privacy: ... Part one is about viruses, ... that virus writers are technically competent, ...
    (alt.computer.security)