Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader and BIOS

From: Wojtek (Wojtek_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 12/28/04

Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 11:17:07 -0800

I've installed Microsoft Keyboard with Fingerprint reader (USB socket, under
windows XP, hadrware is 2 years old Pentium 4).
Keyboard and reader work OK only after Windows is loaded (login prompt)...
... but it doesn't work before - I can neither enter BIOS setup nor choose
system in boot manager!

Can anybody help me with that? I hope it is not standard feature of USB
devices.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How to move items from Windows98 to Windows XP Media Center?
    ... The Windows98 has a floppy disk hole and a USB socket, ... Windows XP Media Center has a floppy disk ... Network the two machines and transfer the data over the network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Fingerprint Reader
    ... I am having problems with my fingerprint reader. ... updated to IE7 I need to boot computer and after windows loads, ... Is anyone else having this problem and if so have you found a fix. ... fingerprint reader has some newer updates. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How to move items from Windows98 to Windows XP Media Center?
    ... Retrieve e-mail on new system. ... There is a cable you can buy to connect the two PC's using the USB ports ... The Windows98 has a floppy disk hole and a USB socket, ... Windows XP Media Center has a floppy disk ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: If OS X 10.5 is great...
    ... FWIW, I had to unplug & replug back in my USB mouse today on my ... but Windows suddenly stopped acknowledging ... Sure, right after you explain why this happens every couple of weeks on my Mac Pro, where I have to unplug/plug in the mouse into the Aluminum keyboard's USB socket to get it going again. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: If OS X 10.5 is great...
    ... FWIW, I had to unplug & replug back in my USB mouse today on my ... but Windows suddenly stopped acknowledging ... Aluminum keyboard's USB socket to get it going again. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)