Re: Another Printer

From: Ahmedhf (ahmedhf_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/16/04

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2004 11:30:26 +0200

first of all thanks for your reply

I am using Win98SE, Also there are no problem in drivers, The problem is
when installing network printer from Win98se i did not found HP 1100 ???

"Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message
> Ahmedhf wrote:
>
>> I am not using print Server
>>
>> The two printers connected in one PC on Port USB and LPT
>>
>> I have trying to install the printer 1100 on another PC (win98) but
>> when adding network printer i found only HP 1300 and did not found HP
>> 1100
>>
>> "Malke" <malke@nospoonnotreally.com> wrote in message

> I'm not a printer expert, but you have to install the printer on the
> Win98 computers and if they are First Edition, you may have a problem
> because FE didn't do USB very well. I believe you have to install the
> printers locally on Win98 so the drivers are there. Or you might try
> buying a print server.
>
> See this webpage by MVP Cari about networking printers with older
> operating systems:
>
> http://www.coribright.com/Windows/Article%20Six.htm
>
> And here's a website by MVP Bruce Sanderson on printing that might help:
>
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/index.htm
>
> Good luck,
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Word 2007 crashes on open
    ... notice that drivers need to be installed on your local machine. ... combination did not like the network printer that was installed from the ... The remedy was to install the printer locally. ...
  • My HP Printer works great...until I network it.
    ... but if I connect it as a network printer, ... PSUS4 PrintServer, then my computer finds the printserver ... installed the printer drivers included in the HP ... either from the previous install or when searching the HP ...
  • Re: adding a network printer
    ... problem with printing to a network printer, HP 3055 all in one, connected ... two computers, i.e., I can copy from shared drives, etc. ... you need to install the drivers on the computer ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Permissions to install printer drivers
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)