Re: Re: Administrators can't see all folders

From: x19 (UseLinkToEmail_at_WindowsForumz.com)
Date: 11/17/04

Date: 17 Nov 2004 11:55:39 -0500

"Jupiter Jones MVP" wrote:
> Make sure you can view hidden files.
> Open My Computer.
> Click Tools
> Click Folder Options
> Click View tab
> Check "Show hidden files and folders"
> Uncheck "Hide extensions..."
> Uncheck "Hide protected..."
> Click OK and follow prompts.
> Search again.
> Set settings back to original when done.
>
> --
> Jupiter Jones [MVP]
> http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/
>

> "wuzzard" <wuzzard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > hello, i have a problem with Users - none of my Users in the
>
> > administrators
> > group, not even the default Administrator, are able to see
> all the
> > folders/file under Documents & Settings. very annoying. Can
> anyone
> > tell me
> > how to fix this?

goto my computer

press Alt + T + O
press Control + Tab
check the "show hidden files and folders" option
uncheck the "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)"
option
to also view the extensions for files
uncheck the "hide extensions for known file types" option

 THIS SHOULD BE ALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--
http://www.WindowsForumz.com/  This article was posted by author's request
Topic URL: http://www.WindowsForumz.com/Security-Admin-istrators-folders-ftopict222702.html

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Re: Restrictions Contact System Administrator
    ... press Control + Tab ... Make sure their is a dot next to the "Show hidden files and folders" ... Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
  • Re: boot.ini
    ... make changes to the view so Hidden, System & File types are shown. ... Explorer, Tools, Folder Options, View (TAB) - start at Hidden Files ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Simple answer
    ... >and now i dont know myself how to access that file.It has ... View tab -> Show hidden files and folders. ... again once you are done with it (Tools -> Folder Options - ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Where is this file & how do I see it?
    ... Click Tools, Folder Options, and then click the View Tab. ... Tick the Show Hidden Files and Folders. ...
  • RE: What file(s) determine whether hidden files are hidden or not?
    ... Click on Tools, choose Folder Options, then click on the View Tab ... Look down the list to Hidden Files and Folders, ... > that controls whether 'hidden files' are displayed or not displayed? ...