Re: Enabling Automated Screensaver Lock

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 11/15/04

Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:43:45 -0500

This depends on your settings. By Default, CTRL-ALT-DEL brings up Task Manager in a non-domain environment. You can get around this in XP Pro by going to Start, Run and entering GPEDIT.MSC Go to: Computer Configuration, Windows Settings, Security Settings, Local Policies, Security Options. Locate the entry for Interactive Logon: Do not require CTRL-ALT-DEL. Double click this entry and set it Disabled. Enabled doesn't require CTRL-ALT-DEL, nor does Not Configured.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"dren77" <dren77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B8BAEAF-A2B0-4002-BF17-985636B8F518@microsoft.com...
> Awesome - really appreciate your help!  The steps in your second sentence
> corrected the problem--the automated screensaver lock is now working
> correctly.  One final question: If I want to manually lock the workstation
> when I leave the desk, shouldn't I be able to invoke that through
> Control-Alt-Delete?  When execute this key combination on other notebooks in
> my group, it brings up a box that has six buttons at the bottom--these
> include a "Lock Computer" block.  When I execute that same key combination on
> this computer, it only brings up the "Windows Task Manager" functions.
>
> "Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:
>
>> Then once the screen saver kicks in, when you move the mouse or press a key the Welcome screen should appear.  If not, uncheck it, click Apply, then check it again and click Apply.
>>
>> --
>> Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display
>> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
>> http://www.dougknox.com
>> --------------------------------
>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro
>> --------------------------------
>> Please reply only to the newsgroup so all may benefit.
>> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>>
>> "dren77" <dren77@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17332C6B-740F-470C-B4C9-F1523B6D0DA4@microsoft.com...
>> >I only see the second one ("On resume, show Welcome screen")--it has a check
>> > in the block next to it.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Forgot my password...
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Run a program all the time as admin
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: ActiveX Help and Support Center SP2
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display ... >>Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Trojan
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... >> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Help MCE and Net Framework 2.0 Problem
    ... Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)