Re: HELP ADMINISTRAITE OUT OF CONTROL

From: Malke (malke_at_nospoonnotreally.com)
Date: 11/11/04

Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 07:07:57 -0800

Jerry wrote:

> Every computer that has XP installed has an administrator account that
> is always there. It cannot be removed or deleted. Read the manual and
> you'll soon learn how to access it.
>
> "I NEED ADMINISTRATIVE CONTROL HELP!!"
> <INEEDADMINISTRATIVECONTROLHELP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:EF332E96-7DA2-4273-8C65-1FEAA1A041ED@microsoft.com...
>> please help me i was seting up my sons account and gave him limted
>> control
>> and hes was the only account i made now we cant open any thing. when
>> i try
>> to open any thing it says you dont have adminsitrative control. than
>> it said
>> i need to log on as administrative but we dont have a administrative
>> account
>> what can i do? email me at reeseorozco52@yahoo.com please HELP ME!!
>> --
>> hello i need a lot of help i am was setting up administrative control
>> and made one that did'nt have any control frist and now i cant open
>> any thing please help me Emial at ReeseOrozco@yahoo.com please

It is a bit hard to follow exactly what has happened, but if you have XP
Home, start the computer and go into Safe Mode. Get into Safe Mode by
repeatedly tapping the F8 key as the machine is starting up. In Safe
Mode, log in with the normally hidden Administrator account. Unless you
changed it, the default password is a blank. Once in, you can go to the
User Accounts applet in Control Panel and make new accounts. Make one
for yourself - do *not* call it Administrator but rather call it
something like "Jerry" - giving that new account administrative
privileges.

Malke

--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Parent Control Software
    ... I have heard that the new McAfee Security Suite has Parent Control. ... You can create a very STRONG and COMPLEX administrator password by ... With this account, a child can access anything you ... Probably the most important part is taking GOOD control of the Administrator ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: PASSWORD
    ... Administrator account and I am trying to access PC A over network. ... >> Full Control on NTFS and Read on Share he will only be able to read the ...
  • Re: Locked out of xp home
    ... First I had gone to run: "Control Password2" and found that there were ... the account I had deleted earlier. ... you'll need to log into the built-in Administrator account. ... BIOS or get a temporary boot order menu with a special keypress. ...
  • Re: Parent Control Software
    ... I have heard that the new McAfee Security Suite has Parent Control. ... the "built-in" administrator account where the default password is ... as the admin account and use complex password rules. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: Wont stop rebooting