Re: internet popup

From: smacky (smacky.1emo0z_at_pcbanter.net)
Date: 10/24/04

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:19:29 +0100

Airforce1 Wrote:
> im gettin this spyware thing called enhancemysearch and i cant
> uninstall
> it.....it comes up when i search on something in google or something
> like
> that. it is ****in me off
> please help me

You appear to have a homepage hijacker on your system.

To resolve this problem follow these instructions:

Firstly Download Adaware:
Instructions
Download, Install and Run Adaware (basically a next, next, finish
process)
When you get to the results screen, "Right Click" on one of the tick
boxes and click on "Select ALL" then click next, and next again.
Close the program

Download Adaware Here:
http://updates.ls-servers.com/aawsepersonal.exe

Download Hijackthis and paste the log back in here:

Instructions:
Click "Scan"
Click "Save Log"
Copy the contents from the Notepad document here so we can see the
causes of the hijackers and spyware.

Download Hijackthis Here:
http://www.spychecker.com/download/download_hijackthis.html

Good Luck
Smacky
Microsoft Personal Support
http://support.microsoft.com
and
interVations Internet Director
http://www.intervations.com.au

Please note the below discalimer is not due to incorrect information
having been given, nor because I expect to give any, however I do need
to cover myself in the even that someone does not follow instructions
correctly.

DISCLAIMER
The information provided here is NOT provided on behalf of Microsoft or
interVations. The information supplied is from my own knowledge and it
is recommended that you research all avenues before taking/using any
advice displensed to you. You are responsible for actions taken on your
own PC and I cannot and do not accept any responsibility for your
actions as a direct or indirect result of my advice

--
smacky