Re: internet popup

From: smacky (
Date: 10/24/04

Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 11:19:29 +0100

Airforce1 Wrote:
> im gettin this spyware thing called enhancemysearch and i cant
> uninstall
> comes up when i search on something in google or something
> like
> that. it is ****in me off
> please help me

You appear to have a homepage hijacker on your system.

To resolve this problem follow these instructions:

Firstly Download Adaware:
Download, Install and Run Adaware (basically a next, next, finish
When you get to the results screen, "Right Click" on one of the tick
boxes and click on "Select ALL" then click next, and next again.
Close the program

Download Adaware Here:

Download Hijackthis and paste the log back in here:

Click "Scan"
Click "Save Log"
Copy the contents from the Notepad document here so we can see the
causes of the hijackers and spyware.

Download Hijackthis Here:

Good Luck
Microsoft Personal Support
interVations Internet Director

Please note the below discalimer is not due to incorrect information
having been given, nor because I expect to give any, however I do need
to cover myself in the even that someone does not follow instructions

The information provided here is NOT provided on behalf of Microsoft or
interVations. The information supplied is from my own knowledge and it
is recommended that you research all avenues before taking/using any
advice displensed to you. You are responsible for actions taken on your
own PC and I cannot and do not accept any responsibility for your
actions as a direct or indirect result of my advice

Relevant Pages

  • How I got rid of CoolWeb virus thingy that is going around
    ... First, download a program called CoolWebShredder, but don't run yet. ... download Adaware at don't run yet. ... 4th, Download HijackThis, not sure of exact address. ...
    ... ad aware free download ... lavasoft ad aware ... free ad aware spyware ...
  • Re: Tips on removing spyware
    ... > After being hacked 7 times by spyware. ... to the latest definitions and you may need to run them in safe mode as well. ... I'll mainly work around Windows XP, as that is what the bulk of this ... and some you can only download if you are registered - but it is best ...
  • Re: Downloads and Spyware
    ... >> Microsoft, either from a CD or the internet ... >> it better to download these to my desktop in order to ... >> spyware applications before the actual install on my ... >> them are identified as Temp Internet files which I am ...
  • Re: IE Links dont work
    ... Download, from Trend Micro, here: ... in Safe mode or from a Clean Boot and clean or delete anything ... In the Startup tab, ... programs report as spyware. ...