Re: Windows Firewall Blocks my ability to connect to an FTP site

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 10/09/04

Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 10:49:17 -0700

I'm using SP2

I'm still getting the same thing. I've directly excepted
port 21 and did the steps the the KB Article. After I
unchecked the use Passive mode.

Same results.

IE dumps out with a no access message. The same address
with the firewall off works fine.

The Command-line FTP reports Unknown Error Number.

may help:

>You may not be able to open a project when you try to
connect to a remote Windows XP
>Service Pack 2-based computer by using the AutoCAD FTP
service
us;873185&Product=windowsxpsp2

>Here's how to correct the problem after opening Port 21
via the
>SP2 firewall Exceptions tab:
>
>1. Open Internet Explorer >Tools > Internet Options >
Advanced tab

>2. Uncheck the box: "Use passive FTP (for firewall &
DSL modem capability)

>--
>Carey Frisch
>Microsoft MVP
>Windows XP - Shell/User
>
>Be Smart! Protect Your PC!
>http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/default.
aspx

>"Joe Simpson" wrote:
>
>| I am unable to connect to an ftp site (Port or
Passive)
>| If I turn off the Firewall I have no problem
connecting.