Re: Windows XP SP2

From: Torgeir Bakken \(MVP\) (
Date: 09/21/04

Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 19:12:30 +0200

Jerry Gulli wrote:

> Windows XP SP2 automatically downloaded on my computer.
> How can I get rid of the download, as I don't wish to
> install it.

To reset the pending download you now have, clean out the Download
folder (WU5's temporary download folder) located here:

(%windir% is typically C:\Windows)

You can use the procedure described here:

You might need to delete the DataStore folder mentioned in the link
above, as well as the EventCache folder.

Note that a side effect of deleting the DataStore folder is that you
lose your WU v5 History listing (not critical).

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Relevant Pages

  • Re: IE6 overwrites anything I try to type in to the address bar
    ... install of WinXP with all of the updates/hot fixes installed before anything ... download a copy of LSPFIX from any of the following sites: ... > enable you to regain your connection. ... > folder after appropriate unzipping, ...
  • Re: IE6 and "TV Media"
    ... TV Media is still somewhere on your system, and may not be detected by ... Download, install, immediately update the definitions, and then run AdAware ... get a copy of WinsockFix Utility ... and download HiJackThis to the new folder. ...
  • Re: Paradox Community String Library : Readme.txt
    ... There is a decent main form in the download to showcase what is included. ... Robert Wiltshire ... I would copy the entire download into its own folder. ... This is a developers tool that I created for people who write code. ...
  • Re: OE6 newsgroup reader problem...
    ... OE6 newsgroup is 90 days. ... to a user created local folder? ... at a time", that is, to download all the headers again. ... being monitored by the .dbx itself. ...
  • Re: cannot search on address bar
    ... A Single Letter May Be Displayed in the Title Bar ... To Restore Address Search Functions ... Download the fix - Reset Search: ... HOLD, download the programs to that folder, then burn that folder to a CD. ...