looking for resolution to 'bitware' and 'spoolsx.exe' errors

From: witsend (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 09/07/04

Date: Tue, 7 Sep 2004 07:17:13 -0700

hi,

I run XP Pro and have started to see the symptoms
described below... Problem is, the 'cause' they offer
isn't consistent with my machine, as I've not installed
any Bitware apps, nor anything for that matter. I was
printing on Friday morning, and by Friday noon *poof* i
start to get these bogus error messages. I've checked
RegEdit and nothing there, searched for the .exe they
identify, and nothing comes up. There's nothing running
in the Task Mgr either. I simply can't install a
printer, even though I was printing to them less than 2
hrs earlier.

Would welcome any insight into this!

at my... witsend

-----------------------------

SYMPTOMS
You may receive the following error message when you boot
your computer, try to use a printer, or start a program
that interacts with a printer:

Spoolsv.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error
log is being created.
The Spooler service then stops, but can be restarted.
While the spooler is stopped, the following error message
is generated:

Printer operation cannot continue due to lack of
resources.

CAUSE
This situation can occur if BitWare for Windows is
installed. The current versions of BitWare are 3.30 and
7.0, which are not fully compatible with the versions of
Windows that are listed in the "Applies to" section of
this article. To check to see if BitWare is running, look
for instances of Bwagent.exe or Bwprnmon.exe in Task
Manager.