Re: Looking for Firewall...

From: Kerem Gümrükcü (kareem114_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/03/04

Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2004 22:11:16 +0200

Hi Rob Moir,

thank you very much for your answer. let me "enlight" this a bit. first we
had some linux solutions
build on nat and ip-tables that was not handy to maintain due the fact, that
we were completly
depended on the so called linux expert at our company. but this guy quit his
work. and they elected
me to continue his work. but i havent got a "CLUE" about linux and linux
security. so i need something
to bridge the time i need to learn linux and security related knowledge. why
me, because i programm
in c/c++ and i showed them once that porting code written in ansi c can be
ported between ms win
and linux with a minimum of effort. my mistake....

ok, the firewalls are running, but my boss wont rehire a linux guy. u can
think about my situation.
you can think my weekend is totally ****** up.

reading books from www.tldp.org and still reading and reading and reading...
running a "boxed" linux environment http://bochs.sourceforge.net for
practise purposes...

Thank you very much for the open source solution, you cant know how this
helps me...
1000 x THX

Best Regards

Kerem Gümrükcü

Relevant Pages

  • Re: To the Brotherhood of the Consoles (Warning contains Wibble)
    ... >Linux challenges you. ... >documentation, waiting for compiles, sifting through newsgroups & ... Instead of reading documentation ...
    (comp.sys.sinclair)
  • Re: Why questions dont get answered, or "No, Ive already RTFM, tell me the answer!"
    ... >> My first experience with Linux was when I bought a book about Linux that ... >> contained Red Hat 5. ... > command line before starting a program before reading other ... > while you may need the reference for obscure options later. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: whats wrong with tar? -need advise!
    ... because they were written by a geek who is ... > reading, ... > computer illiterate people I've turned on to Linux), ... Linux geeks keep criticizing Windows and don't understand why everyone ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: Linux printf funny
    ... changeover has gone remarkably easily (considering that I know very ... or the tare value between instances that print and those that fail. ... There is the expected one-or-two bits wobble in the weight reading, ... ported them to new versions of compilers (windows or linux). ...
    (comp.arch.embedded)
  • Re: EOF and reading /proc
    ... actually I had thought of just reading one line too, ... read /proc and not worry about corrupted data. ... > You haven't said which OS, but it doesn't matter (looks like Linux?). ... > Don't use a generic loop unless you can control it to do what you ...
    (comp.lang.perl.misc)