Re: internet explorer

From: Paula (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 07/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 13:04:23 -0700

Well, i learned a long time ago to not mess with the
registry and in by diong that learned quite about about
computers so i was reluctant to again mess with the
registry, but after several attempts at other fixes tried
yours and it worked wonderfully. You site offers so much
cool stuff and is now bookmarked. Thanks so much.

Paula
click on
>Item No. 268 (Restore All Tabs under Internet Explorer).
>
>NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of
a "malicious" script,
>this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar
technology enabled.
>These scripts are not malicious, but they do make
changes to the System
>Registry.
>
>[Courtesy of Kelly Theriot, MS-MVP]
>
>Download Ad-Aware 6.0 and scan your PC for spyware:
>http://download.com.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?
part=69274&subj=dlpage&tag=button

>Symantec Security Check
>http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?
langid=ie&venid=sym

>Can't Change My Home Page - It Keeps Resetting!
>http://inetexplorer.mvps.org/answers.htm
>
>Home Page Setting Changes Unexpectedly, or You Cannot
Change Your Home Page Setting
us;320159&Product=ie600

--------------------------

>"Paula" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message:

>|I am the only person in my house or on my computer, or
>| some reason, when i try to access the internet options
>| from the Tools bar on internet explorer, it tell me
>| that "this operation has been cancelled due to
>| restrictions on this computer, contact your
>| administrator" I have windows xp and the only
password i
>| have on my computer is when i turn it on. I have
never
>| set any restriction on other programs other than
>| quicken.
>|
>| Any ideas.
>|
>| I did try to install the new IE version (I have 6, but
>| tried to install 6.2 or something and got a messgae
that
>| it was not compatible with my machine....imagine that)
>|
>| I have a fairly new, big fast dell, with 1 gig ram and
>| 2.5 gh motherboard, so it should not the the
capabilities
>| of my machines
>|
>| Thanks for any help
>.

Relevant Pages

  • RE: changing Internet Options remotely
    ... It will involve editing the registry values. ... The changes in the registry are made using your GPO. ... I do not have the script in front of me right now but all you need to do it ... because their Internet Options are blocked by a GPO. ...
  • [ann] another way to call apis from script (the PB way)
    ... a dll and a typelib. ... you run the script, which will interface with a "standard" ... "COMforDLL" will work with a standard dll, ... work with win98 if I manually copied the winXP registry ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)
  • Re: Modify Registry on all SBS2003 clients
    ... registry setting to all workstations. ... command "REG ADD" to modify registry. ... the following command will change the registry value as your ... You may copy above command into the login script file SBS_LOGIN_SCRIPT.bat ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Modify Registry on all SBS2003 clients
    ... logging on the client computer dont have administrative rights on the ... registry setting to all workstations. ... command "REG ADD" to modify registry. ... and put the command lines at the bottom of the script file. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is there anyway to control the order of in which the [Run] entries are performed in the registry
    ... 3rd-party 'Startup Delayer' program or use a batch script, ... of these entries in the registry. ... Also, as I have also said, the 'Startup Delayer' ... run these commands from a 'Command Prompt' ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)