Restoring Desktop Settings and Folders on XP Pro

From: jgoodman (
Date: 07/24/04

Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 12:15:11 -0700

Folks, my Dad is in a serious binder. We created a new
password for his default user account--and changed
permission (removing him from Admins, keeping in Users).
Now he can't find most of his: Data, Program File links
(via Start menu) and critical App profiles such as

We would like to restore his orinal desktop settings.
Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Thanks for any help you have.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: VBScript runtime error: 800A0046 Permission denied: GetObject
    ... Can you get it to echo the strDomain, strUserName values? ... Dim SMSNetwork ... "Domain Admins") Then MapLDrive = FALSE ... Directory I need to go to re-establish permission. ...
  • Re: [FC5] First impression
    ... settings"). ... that the admins wouldn't touch (over on /usr/local, ... instead of getting rid of the save session option ... But removing it isn't something I would do. ...
  • Re: Permissions and Object Owners
    ... I tried to change the owner to "Admins" but I got a message that said, ... Microsoft Access MVP ... I've got a secured Access 2003 db w/3 users set up as Admins. ... also have Modify Design permission on all tables/queries. ...
  • Re: Admin members and passwords
    ... If you can't trust your admins, ... Go to your user account in AD Users and Computers and in your account ... >> ways or remove the deny permission if you do need to reset it. ...
  • Re: Kris Holm pics.. marked.
    ... "Stealing" content, watermarking it with your logo, removing ... or not bothering to credit the creator, and not even bothering to get ... Now eBaum's has grown up and now gets permission and rights to ...