Re: Problems with EFS and "MY Documents"

From: Star Fleet Admiral Q (Star_Fleet_Admiral_Q(NO-SPAM)_at_(FORGET-SPAM)hotmail.com)
Date: 07/14/04

Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:01:51 -0400

FYI - this may be by design - we do this to prevent users from
encrypting documents and then later the need for accessing them is
required, the original encrypting profile and/or recovery agent
certificate has expired or lost (due to employee turnover).

--
Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your service
"Miha Pihler" <miha-news@atlantis.si> wrote in message
> It looks like that there is a recovery agent defined at domain or OU
level
> and it's certificate expired. You won't be able to use EFS till this
is
> fixed.
>
> If you are administrator you can:
> * renew certificate for recovery agent
> * issue new certificate for recovery agent
>
> If you are not domain administrator then talk to the person in your
company
> that is responsible for your domain.
>
> I hope this helps you out,
>
> Mike
>
> "butch" <butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The computer is in a domain and the pane says "no policy defined"
> >
> > "Miha Pihler" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > is this computer part of domain or is it in a workgroup?
> > >
> > > Also click Start > Run > gpedit.msc > when Group Policy Editor
starts
> drill
> > > down Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security
Settings >
> Public
> > > Key Policies > Encrypted Files System. Tell me what is displayed
in
> right
> > > pane...
> > >
> > > Mike
> > >
> > > "butch" <butch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > encrypt the "My Documents" folder.  The current user is a local
> > > administrator.  When I try to encrypt the "My Documents" folder
I get