Windows Update - Cannot download because I am not logged on as an Administrator

From: Kevin Hunter (kevinhunter1984_at_blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: 06/25/04

Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 14:25:49 -0700

Hi. I'm having difficulties downloading updates as it
says I'm not logged in as a user with Administration
rights, when my user account is the Administrator. Also
I can't access the Advanced section of my LAN Connection
to enable the firewall as it says "Windows cannot display
the properties of this connection. The Windows
Management Instrumentation (WMI) information might be
corrupted."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevant Pages

  • All administrator user are disable
    ... by mistake I disable all administrator Account ... >in windows XP profesional, and only 1 user account are ... >administration user or change any configuration. ...
  • All administrator user are disable
    ... by mistake I disable all administrator Account ... in windows XP profesional, and only 1 user account are ... administration user or change any configuration. ...
  • Re: Cannot connect to the Internet
    ... My Windows 2000 pro PC is connected to the internet (Local Area ... Connection 2 Status icon shows "Connected" with a speed of 10.0 ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ... user account which is interfering with the PC. ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Office 2007 Setup Successful - but Office wont run
    ... I am glad to hear that Office works fine under the new Windows account. ... Office 2007 Setup Successful - but Office won't run ... I have created a new local user account with administrative privileges and when I log in, ... Newsgroups: microsoft.public.office.setup ...
    (microsoft.public.office.setup)
  • RE: XP Password Expired
    ... - The Windows XP password policy has caused the user account password to expire. ... - You upgrade the computer from Microsoft Windows Millennium Edition to Windows XP. ... Log on as Administrator and Reset the Password ... If you are unable to change the password for the default user account, log on to the computer as Administrator, and then reset the password on ...