Re: taskmanager, regedit, and programs

From: Bruce Chambers (bchambers_at_nospamcableone.net)
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 16:02:22 -0600

Greetings --

    The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

W32.Klez
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.klez.e@mm.html

W32.Yaha
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.yaha.c@mm.html

W32.Spybot.Worm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.spybot.worm.html

    Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
on-line scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

McAfee Security - FreeScan
http://www.mcafee.com/myapps/mfs/default.asp

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/ssc/home.asp

Bruce Chambers

--
Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
"beca" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i seem to have picked up a nice little virus which my
> norton cannot detect, nor remove, the virus is tricky, it
> wont let my open regedit, start/programs, or taskmanager,
> which as you can imagine is rather annoying, i have used
> hijack this, and checked my regestry with a regestry
> macanic, but the only way i can open the regestry is by
> changing its name to regedit.com, and task manager to
> taskmgr.com, any one with some advice plz help

Relevant Pages

  • taskmanager, regedit, and programs
    ... norton cannot detect, nor remove, the virus is tricky, it ... wont let my open regedit, start/programs, or taskmanager, ... and checked my regestry with a regestry ...
  • Re: Hello Just need a question answered -please help
    ... | anythingI had previously written about windows detecting a virus known by the ... | scanner,lauch scanner and then follow directions to get rid of the virus. ... | Also one more question I have mcafee security center,Do I need to disable ... Download SmitFraud.exe from the URL -- ...
  • Re: Task Manger/Regedit Problems
    ... Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan ... McAfee Security - FreeScan ... > my regedit to complete the deletion -- any thoughts... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: task manager/ regedit problems
    ... Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan ... McAfee Security - FreeScan ... > my regedit to complete the deletion -- any thoughts... ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Task Manager and System Config Utility
    ... Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan ... McAfee Security - FreeScan ... > When I try to open Task Manager (by pressing ctrl-alt- ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)