Re: taskmanager, regedit, and programs

From: Bruce Chambers (
Date: 05/31/04

Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 16:02:22 -0600

Greetings --

    The type of behavior you describe is typical behavior of more than
one virus/worm, the three below being the most common:

    Because many of the newer viruses and worms, such as the
Spybot mentioned above, can disable antivirus applications whose
definitions aren't kept up-to-date, try using one or more of the free
on-line scanners to double-check your system.

Trend Micro - Free online virus Scan

McAfee Security - FreeScan

Symantec Security Check

Bruce Chambers