Admin cannot change Local Security Policies

From: Kda1 (
Date: 05/04/04

    Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 09:26:04 -0700

    I have an XP Professional machine and almost all Security Settings have the
    options greyed out when logged in as administrator. There is even a little lock icon
    on the folders which I suspect is telling me that I cannot change what is inside.
    In "User Rights Assignments", (also locked), Administrators are said to have the rights to change all these settings.

    Has anyone come across this before? Am I overlooking a switch somewhere?
    Several usually knowledgable local are mystifyed. I have searched all my menus and help files to no
    avail. Feel free to email me at

    Thanks, Kevin