Re: cannot go to new newsgroup after sp2 install

From: Carey Frisch [MVP] (mrxp2004_at_nospamyahoo.com)
Date: 04/20/04

Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 22:03:02 -0500

Open Outlook Express.

Go to Tools on the top menu bar and select Accounts.

Click on the New button and select News...

You will be placed in the Internet Connection Wizard. Fill in the name
you would like to appear in the newsgroups when you post messages.
Click on Next.

Fill in your e-mail address and click on Next.

Fill in the following for the NNTP server:

Server: privatenews.microsoft.com
Account name: privatenews\sp2user
Password: password

Click on Next
Click on Finish

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
"Roke" roke@netvigator.com  wrote in message:
| Hello,
| since I installed the window xp sp2, I found that I can never go to the new
| newsgroup by clicking something like..

| The message said, "Outlook express could not open the URL
| "news://news.news_sever/newsgrou" because it is not a recognized format.
|
| ANYONE PLEASE HELP AND ADVICE.
| THANKS!!!!!!
|
| PS:pls also email me your advice and answers, million thanks.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to Log on multiple users
    ... log into Windows at the same time. ... There are 4 accounts on the ... computer and it does not matter which user is the first logged or and ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Multiple Account
    ... I was able to creat 2 accounts 1 for my husband and 1 for myself in Windows mail. ... Windows XP in control panel had Mail options so when you open outlook express it will prompt a window asking which email account you want to open. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • Re: problems with microsoft outlook
    ... Newbie Coder ... every time i open outlook its tell me a that DCCEXT.32 DLL file is missing ... i am using xp windows, office xp and until this week all worked just fine, ... any advice would be appericated ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Quicklaundh disappears and Outlook doesnt save passwords
    ... everytime I open Outlook.. ... I have to put my passwords for my accounts in again. ... >It asks for the password each time I open Outlook. ... Your Password Is Not Retained in Windows XP ...
  • Re: Thinking of reinstalling Windows...
    ... Those accounts created have always been fully functional ... extensions that windows don't recognize. ... to double click and open them; I received the file type association dialogue ... Default user profile that all new user accounts copy off from. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)