RE: .net passport

From: pauly [MSFT] (pauly_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/30/04

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:57:42 GMT

Hi Tom,

Here are some additional steps to run through:

Reset Internet Explorer settings:

1. Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options

2. Switch to the View tab.

3. Select Show hidden files and folders.

4. Unselect Hide extensions for known file types.

5. Unselect Hide protected operating system files.

6. Click OK to confirm.

7. Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.

8. Click "Delete Cookies" and select Yes when to confirm.

9. Click "Delete Files" and select Yes when to confirm.

10. Click "Clear History" and select Yes when to confirm.

11. Click "Settings", then click "View Files". Delete all files in this
folder.

12. In the Settings window, click "View Objects". Delete all the objects in
this folder. If some objects cannot be deleted, please restart the computer
and
try again.

13. Switch to the Security tab, select Internet and click "Default Level".

14. Clear the Trusted sites and Restricted sites.

15. Switch to the Privacy tab, click "Default".

16. Click the Edit button and clear the Managed Web sites list.

17. Switch to the Content tab, click AutoComplete. Clear Forms and
Passwords.

18. Switch to the Advanced tab, Click "Restore Defaults" button and then
deselect "Enable third-party browser extensions"

19. Click OK.

20. Restart the computer and test the problem.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE