RE: .net passport

From: pauly [MSFT] (pauly_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/30/04

Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 19:57:42 GMT

Hi Tom,

Here are some additional steps to run through:

Reset Internet Explorer settings:

1. Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options

2. Switch to the View tab.

3. Select Show hidden files and folders.

4. Unselect Hide extensions for known file types.

5. Unselect Hide protected operating system files.

6. Click OK to confirm.

7. Start -> Control Panel -> Internet Options.

8. Click "Delete Cookies" and select Yes when to confirm.

9. Click "Delete Files" and select Yes when to confirm.

10. Click "Clear History" and select Yes when to confirm.

11. Click "Settings", then click "View Files". Delete all files in this
folder.

12. In the Settings window, click "View Objects". Delete all the objects in
this folder. If some objects cannot be deleted, please restart the computer
and
try again.

13. Switch to the Security tab, select Internet and click "Default Level".

14. Clear the Trusted sites and Restricted sites.

15. Switch to the Privacy tab, click "Default".

16. Click the Edit button and clear the Managed Web sites list.

17. Switch to the Content tab, click AutoComplete. Clear Forms and
Passwords.

18. Switch to the Advanced tab, Click "Restore Defaults" button and then
deselect "Enable third-party browser extensions"

19. Click OK.

20. Restart the computer and test the problem.

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
pauly@online.microsoft.com

--------------------
| From: "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: RE: .net passport
| Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2004 21:50:35 -0800
|
| Hello Paul,
| I did check the date and time, they are correct. Also my
| OS is XP home edition and the article pertains to MAC
| users. I reduced my security to next to nothing,
| accepting all cookies, even the security report when I
| get this message says no cookies were blocked or
| restricted. Can you think of anything else? I appreciate
| any help. Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Managing Files on the C Drive in XP
    ... I have done everying you advise for XP Professional security set up. ... user database by copying one of the others in the folder. ... > Open Explorer, go to Tools and Folder Options, on the view tab, scroll to ... > If you have XP Pro, temporarily change the limited account to ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Cannot access my private folder...
    ... is no tab called "Security" visible when you right-click the drive in "My Computer" and click "Properties"? ... "To share this folder with other users of this computer only, ... > I had 2 different desktops; a Sony Vaio and a Dell Dimension 2350. ...
  • Re: Access to User Profile on Slave HDD
    ... security was the same tab at the top as well as general and customize. ... I had forgotten about folder ownership. ... In the Name list, click your user name, or click Administrator if you ...
  • Re: msinfo32.exe gives "connection to could not be established..." ???
    ... Sounds to me like you are running on a FAT32 drive, FAT32 has no security. ... About sharing the Repository folder, I didn't think it needed to be shared, ... but that was the only way to active the permissions tab so I tried it. ... Repository folder and their Properties only show one tab: ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: cannot delete folders or files with empty security users
    ... Go to properties and security. ... Logon as one of the accounts listed in the Owner tab ... Logon as the new user and delete the folder. ... the Security tab of the> properties window of that folder is empty and contains no groups or users. ...