Re: Shutdown privilege

From: Ken (ken_at_engr.orst.edu)
Date: 03/19/04

Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 13:10:10 -0800

NTRIGHTS.EXE came with the NT Resource kit. With it, you
can set a number of local security policy settings. AD
made a lot of that redundant.

SeShutdownPrivilege is one that removes or grants the
option to shut the system down to local users and/or
groups. Removing it means a user can only log out, but
the machine can still be shut down from the login screen.

By controlling this from AD, I can remove or grant the
privilege just by moving machines between OU's.

the
>> same functions as the NTRIGHTS.EXE SeShutdownPrivilege
>> function?
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How do I prevent anonymous null sessions in XP? (reposted from 10/29)
    ... There are still policy settings, ... section prefixed with "Network Access:" ... > authenticated connections which I need. ... > changing all the local security policy settings available ...
  • Re: Small problem with Task Manager
    ... the Account or Local Policies in your Local Security Policy settings ... '*MS MVP - Windows Desktop Experience*' ...
  • RestrictAnonymous keeps resetting itself
    ... After a recent service pack update the NT machines were ... So I started looking at the Local Security Policy MMC Snap-In. ... Effective policy settings are set and greyed out at "No access without ...
  • Re: Win XP mandatory user profile (Need Help!)
    ... As I understand it here you are trying to set group policy settings? ... local security policy settings? ... This article talks about setting Group policy settings in a Workgroup ... > I am trying to use the mmc to customize a specific profile ...