Trojan Horse Virus

From: Bob Duncan (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/15/04

Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 14:18:09 -0800

My Norton Anti-Virus program identified a Trojan Horse
virus which infected the file 'info32.exe' . However it
could neither quarantine or repair the infected file ,
and I could not delete the file manually. I then
restarted in safe mode and was able to run NAV and
quarantine the file . However I now get a couple of error
messages on start-up , stating that this file cannot be
found etc . I think this is because the registry still
has a reference to this file and so the systemm is
looking for it on start-up. Can I safely delete this file
from the registry ?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Trojan Horse Virus
    ... However it | could neither quarantine or repair the infected file, | and I could not delete the file manually. ... I think this is because the registry still | has a reference to this file and so the systemm is | looking for it on start-up. ... Can I safely delete this file | from the registry? ...
  • Re: Repost: Help needed with malicious program PLEASE
    ... > registry and files for spyware and adware then allows you ... > to delete them or quarantine them, ...
  • Re: Trojan
    ... >quarantine and in their backup. ... I'm sure I saw it in quarantine when it ... at a later stage as soon as definitions show the antivirus software ... how to remove the virus body from the infected file. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: MyDoom Virus in Exchange
    ... Your antivirus program detected the virus, and isolated the infected file in ... infected file AT ALL. ... DO want to delete it rather than keep in in quarantine, ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: vboopexm.dll?
    ... I couldn't find any hint anywhere as to what module it is, ... Maybe your anti-malware software already delete the infected file. ... in the registry to determine to do with any entries that refer to this file. ...