ASR Wizard

From: victor (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 03/09/04

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:48:49 -0800

I need help understanding and using the Automated System
Recovery. The documentation stated that when using the
ASR backup wizard, data files are not backed up. When I
used it, all of the data files in the current partition
where windows is installed, my entire C drive were backed
up.

1. Will theses data files be restored in a systems
failure restoration using the ASR?
2.Can I use the data backed up with the ASR wizard to do
a standard recovery in the case that a portion of the C
drive or individual files are corrupted, but the windows
system has integrity.
3. Finally, how is the archive flag treated in an ASR
backup? Can I follow up with standard differential
backups on the data files that were backed up with the
ASR wizard?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Automated System Recovery, what it does
    ... >backup for your data files, because ASR doesn't do those. ... partition is reformatted during the restore process. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: ASR Diskette erstellen
    ... Die Dateien ASR.SIF und ASRPNP.SIF sollen durch diesen Wizard auf Diskette ... you won't be able to create the ASR disk. ... > + Run the ASR wizard, which is part of Windows Backup. ... > + After you run the ASR Wizard, start Windows Explorer. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.backoffice.smallbiz)
  • Emergency repair disk
    ... To create an Automated System Recovery set using Backup ... The Backup or Restore Wizard starts by default, ... to create an ASR set in Advanced Mode. ...
  • Re: ASR Wizard
    ... The ASR wizard on my Windows XP backed up a full 7 gig ... worth of data files in addition to the system files from ... >| ASR backup wizard, data files are not backed up. ...
  • Automated System Recovery, what it does
    ... The ASR wizard says it backs up your system files, ... that after you do an ASR backup, ... backup for your data files, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)