Re: XP reinstall error message

From: Doug Knox MS-MVP (dknox_at_mvps.org)
Date: 02/22/04

Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 17:29:37 -0500

Angie,

2.71.9042.0 is the verson I have on my machine. What you can do, is rename the copy that's in the Windows\System32 folder, or copy it to another folder for backup, then replace it with the version 2.71.9030.0 file that's in the ServicePackFiles folder. See if this resolves your problem. The error you're getting is usually related to a call being made to a DLL that doesn't have the function that's being called. You should also check for the presence of a copy in the Windows\System32\dllcache folder. Dllcache is a hidden folder, but you can get to it by typing C:\Windows\System32\dllcache in Explorer's address bar.

--
Doug Knox, MS-MVP Windows XP/ Windows Smart Display
Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes

"Angie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:13ebb01c3f97a$bfc941b0$a101280a@phx.gbl...
> Doug,
>
> Alrighty, this is what I have.  There seems to be two
> different verions, so maybe that's the problem?  I did a
> search on all files (hidden included) and this is what it
> came up with:
>
> C:\Windows\System32 = version 2.71.9042.0
> C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386 = version 2.71.9030.0
> C:\5664e53314a523a = version 2.71.9030.0
>
> Thanks, again, for all your help!
>
> Angie

Relevant Pages

  • Re: More than Two Tuners in Vista MCE
    ... Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes ... Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Nero Patch
    ... > suggests that I can record something like 8.5 gb on a DVD? ... > Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Roolup2 This upgrade can only be run on windows xp media centre edition 2005
    ... MS-MVP Windows Media Center\Windows Powered Smart Display\Security ... > Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Tweak UI - Password encryption and autologon
    ... >> Could it be you've set the registry password some other way? ... >>> Per user Group Policy Restrictions for XP Home and XP Pro ...
  • Re: Yet another standby question