RE: Outlook error messages due to firewall

From: pauly [MSFT] (pauly_at_online.microsoft.com)
Date: 02/01/04

Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 23:32:31 GMT

Hi Sarey,

Here are some steps you can use:

283673 HOW TO: Enable or Disable Internet Connection Firewall in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=283673

308123 Internet Programs May Not Work as Expected with the Internet
Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308123

308127 How to Manually Open Ports in Internet Connection Firewall in
Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308127

308007 Troubleshooting Home Networking in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308007

=========

Windows XP Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/security/default.asp

Windows 2000 Security Homepage:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/security/default.asp

Top 10 Windows Newsgroups Security Questions:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/newsgroups/default.asp?url=/technet/newsgro
ups/nodepages/sectop10.asp

=========
Paul Hayes, MCSE
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation
pauly@online.microsoft.com

--------------------
| From: "Sarey Paul" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>
| Subject: Outlook error messages due to firewall
| Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:18:01 -0800
|
| I am told my outlook will not download my emails from my
| ISP as there is a firewall blocking my port but not tech
| support person can identify where the firewall is
| originating from as I have none installed either in
| Windows XP or any other software.
|
| How can I identify the firewall and disable it so I can
| get my Outlook working again?
|
| Please,please help

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Guide to secure installtion of IIS 5
    ... don't forget a well-configured firewall. ... Do not put the computer onto the network or the Internet until after the ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
    ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
    ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
  • Re: password protection
    ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
    (microsoft.public.security)