files missing after temp profile disappeared

From: Molly (anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com)
Date: 01/29/04

Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 03:07:45 -0800

A few weeks ago, my HP Pavillion rebooted itself
spontaneously and logged me on with a temporary profile,
deleting all my settings but no actual files. I moved
the "old" My Pictures into the "new" My Documents folder
and my bookmarks as well. Then, a few days ago after I
tried running the restore to an earlier point thing (which
didn't work), it logged me on with yet another temp
profile and the My Pictures and My Music folders were
nowhere that I can find (search function doesn't find
them). I ran Windows Update, which eventually got the
computer back to how it had been before the spontaneous
reboot, but the pictures and music folders are still
nowhere to be found. I think it's all still on here
somewhere, or else the available memory would have
increased dramatically - but I can't find them. Does
anyone know where I should look? Thank you -
amatia@excite.com

Relevant Pages

  • Start Menu - My pictures - My Music
    ... settings. ... What if I just want My pictures and My Music folders from My Documents ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: My Documents, My Pictures & My Music Folders Location
    ... I used to have My Documents, My Pictures and My Music folders on root ... directory of d:\ drive because I want to keep c:\ 'clean' having only the ... Music folders directories have been automatically set inside of My ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: "My Pictures nlt listed in My documents Folder
    ... don't know if it will help if you did not upgrade. ... My Pictures and My Music Folders Are Not Created in Windows XP After Upgrade from ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos)
  • Re: Where Can I find folders
    ... "PMCK" wrote in message ... > Where can I find the My Pictures and My Music folders in order to change ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Where Can I find folders
    ... Where can I find the My Pictures and My Music folders in order to change the ... icons. ... If I go to control panel and then look in display, My Documents, ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)