I am a 60 year old "user"...

From: Frank M. Durham (fmd_at_redstonesoftware.com)
Date: 11/29/03

Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 10:08:00 -0800

    How the hell do I get rid of Pop-Ups and cookies? I
have XP Professional on my machine. I relly don't do much
with this machine but Email, write and sometimes do
research on the Internet. Pop-Ups and cookie driven crap
are about to drive me nuts.

    Help...
     FMD

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Windows XP home sp2 wireless network
    ... Also I have recently been having a big problem with pop-ups. ... Messenger Service pop-up can't contain a clickable link. ... unintentionally serves as a valid security alert. ... haven't been taking sufficient precautions while connected to the Internet. ...
  • Re: RE:SPAM
    ... There are at least three varieties of pop-ups, ... recently swept cross the Internet. ... "putting up with" the security gap represented by these messages is ... Messenger Service Window That Contains an Internet Advertisement ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: 180searchAssistant
    ... "Messenger Service" Pop-Ups ... Messenger Service pop-up can't contain a clickable link. ... unintentionally serves as a valid security alert. ... haven't been taking sufficient precautions while connected to the Internet. ...
  • Re: popups
    ... > 1) Does the title bar of these pop-ups ... and Sasser Worms that still haunt the Internet. ... >use a decent, properly configured firewall. ... >messenger service, as some people recommend, only hides ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: internet
    ... three varieties of pop-ups, ... It demonstrates that the computer user hasn't been taking sufficient precautions while connected to the Internet. ... Messenger Service of Windows ...