Re: Does AutoShareWks value deny access for domain administrator?

From: Dmitriy Kopnichev (kopn_at_hotbox.ru)
Date: 11/19/03

Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 16:08:02 +0300

How to make our corporate net Norton antivirus work on my computer in a
workgroup? The Norton antivirus appears in the system trey when my computer
is added to our domain.
"Jiri Tuma" <jiri.tuma@seznam.cz> wrote in message
> No, this option will only disable creating of administrative shares (like
> C$). Only users with rights to use administrative shares - ie. members of
> admins and backup opers on given machine - will be affected, but not
through
> limiting of their rights but by inexistence of remote resource they can
use.
> They still have all rights, but over LAN they can use them only against
> regular shares.
>
> Dmitriy Kopnichev <kopn@hotbox.ru> píše v diskusním
> příspěvku:OOg2GWnrDHA.2304@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Hello
> >
> > Does adding an AutoShareWks DWORD value to the registry key

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
> > and setting its value data to 0 denis access to the domain user computer
> for
> > a domain administrator?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Does AutoShareWks value deny access for domain administrator?
    ... this option will only disable creating of administrative shares (like ... admins and backup opers on given machine - will be affected, ... limiting of their rights but by inexistence of remote resource they can use. ... > and setting its value data to 0 denis access to the domain user computer ...
  • RE: norton scan
    ... "Norton AntiVirus cannot find the task. ... You may not have the rights ... Check your user settings." ... "rammer" wrote: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • How to Grant Power Users rights to administrative shares.
    ... I was wondering if there is an easy way to grant power users rights to ... We have an account admin group that needs rights to create shares when ... they see are the administrative shares which they don't have access to. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: LogicalShareSecuritySettings & Administrative/hidden Shares
    ... This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ... I'm having some trouble getting security descriptor information for ... But - I can't get any administrative shares returned. ...
    (microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi)
  • Re: ActiveSync 3.7.1 Fails on USB
    ... > rights. ... Norton AntiVirus had a "File System Real-Time Protection" that didn't ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.developer)