Re: XP Home ICF Option Grayed Out

From: Ken Stoltz (kenstoltz_at_NOSPAMcomcast.net)
Date: 11/19/03

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:03:43 -0800

This might be a silly question, but are you logged in with an account with
Administrative rights?

"Bill" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Cannot enable Internet Connection Firewall on home
> network host computer, the option is grayed out. Running
> XP Home with two other XP machines on the home network.
> All machines and the cable modem are plugged directly to
> the router. Additional info: Under service.msc ICF is
> started and set to automatic. Help to resolove this issue
> appreciated. Bill

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall Question
    ... > I wonder if I should activate the Internet Connection Firewall for the ... > internet directly through this Linksys router. ... > machines can be accessed from home using Remote Desktop. ... > machines are in a local network with IP 192.168.x.x. ...
  • Re: Can find Vista box, cant share folders or printers.
    ... When I click 'Network' on the laptop the ... I've disabled Norton and Windows firewall entirely to make sure that's not ... public folder sharing - on ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ...
  • Re: XP to Vista -- only halfway there
    ... concerning networks that combine Vista and XP machines. ... I am setting up an inhouse network that links together three machines, ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including stateful ...
  • Re: Active Directory Setup Advice
    ... A domain is really an entity with a single security remit. ... seen as on the same network it will be like one big network. ... Under one domain all machines have to be unique in naming scheme. ... sub domains you can have same names under different domain. ...
  • Re: install
    ... You just need to set up your network correctly. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...