Re: XP Home ICF Option Grayed Out

From: Ken Stoltz (
Date: 11/19/03

Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 20:03:43 -0800

This might be a silly question, but are you logged in with an account with
Administrative rights?

"Bill" <> wrote in message
> Cannot enable Internet Connection Firewall on home
> network host computer, the option is grayed out. Running
> XP Home with two other XP machines on the home network.
> All machines and the cable modem are plugged directly to
> the router. Additional info: Under service.msc ICF is
> started and set to automatic. Help to resolove this issue
> appreciated. Bill

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Firewall Question
    ... > I wonder if I should activate the Internet Connection Firewall for the ... > internet directly through this Linksys router. ... > machines can be accessed from home using Remote Desktop. ... > machines are in a local network with IP 192.168.x.x. ...
  • Re: Can find Vista box, cant share folders or printers.
    ... When I click 'Network' on the laptop the ... I've disabled Norton and Windows firewall entirely to make sure that's not ... public folder sharing - on ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ...
  • Re: XP to Vista -- only halfway there
    ... concerning networks that combine Vista and XP machines. ... I am setting up an inhouse network that links together three machines, ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including stateful ...
  • Re: SBS 2003 Win XP/2000 Pro Clients TCP/IP Problems
    ... network and no DHCP services provided by any machines still on the network. ... Check all machines for DNS entries. ... It really sounds like a IP Address conflict the way the server stops ... > PCs, 3 of which are running Windows XP Pro, the rest 2000 Pro. ...
  • Re: Audacity and Gentoo
    ... can only pick up radio 4 when using the TV aerial to ... I freak if my machines disagree by more than about 50 ... > ADSL cable, 2 power cables, one network ...