Re: Product Keys

From: Jupiter Jones [MVP] (jones_jupiter_at_hotnomail.com)
Date: 11/17/03

Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 19:44:40 -0700

Does it fit this:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326904
If it does, you most likely have a pirated Windows XP Pro.
If it is pirated, you need to contact the seller and/or Microsoft:
http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/reporting/default.asp
One of the features of Service Pack 1 is to detect pirated copies of
windows XP.
Also you have 3 options to become legal:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=303661
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314052
This may or may not work depending on the installation options used.
2. Perform a Clean Install with the OS of your choice destroying ALL
data.
3. Purchase Windows XP Pro (Home will not work) and perform a Repair
Installation using the new valid key and CD:
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm

--
Jupiter Jones  [MVP]
An easier way to read newsgroup messages: