can't delete infected file in SYSTEM32

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 11/07/03

Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 06:28:03 -0800

sometimes the file is active upon windows start up and
windows cant delete a file while it is active. So. you
can use the F8 key on boot (how ever you get into safe
mode is cool) Once in safe mode go into the windows find
the file and delete it. In safe mode the start up files
are bypased therefore the virus will not be active and
can be deleted.You can also try booting into dos mode.
(make sure you know the location of the file.) then just
delete the file.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: blue screen of death
    ... To resolve the video card issue: ... in Safe Mode go to Control Panel> Add or Remove Programs and ... will detect your video card and will install its own driver. ... 1- Your version of Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: Cant get XP to idle
    ... hard disk failure, and before it failed the disk activity increased steadily. ... Windows XP may detect "too many" failures and start to ... If Safe Mode Command Only is fine, then try the following and compare ... The difference between Safe Mode and MSConfig startup suppression is ...
  • Re: Blue screen after system restore attempt
    ... Are you talking to me or Maurice? ... This all started during a system restore attempt, ... You are slightly confusing the selective bootup choices (menu for Windows bootup options) and Safe mode Windows. ...
  • Re: blue screen of death
    ... To resolve the video card issue: Start your computer in Safe Mode. ... detect your video card and will install its own driver. ... 1- Your version of Windows ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize)
  • Re: problem please help
    ... > Windows Programs menu and task manager. ... Task manager process didn't show anything with high cpu usage ... Restarted in safe mode, was just as slow, and ran VirusScan ... particularly since this is a laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)