Re: Error # / 128 bit

From: Taurarian (taurarian_at_REMOVE-CAPS-AND-INVALIDhotmail.com.INVALID)
Date: 11/01/03

Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:37:41 +1100

Sue, make sure your date and time a correct. Here's some info for you to
consider:
http://www.updatexp.com/0x800A138F.html
The aim of this article is to help you solve this 0x800A138F problem and
have you updating your Windows XP Professional or Home Edition computer as
soon as possible!

Windows Update Troubleshooter
http://v4.windowsupdate.microsoft.com/troubleshoot/
Scroll down to: error 80070057 during Scan

With regard to secure sites:

In Internet Explorer -
1. Tools > Internet Options > Advanced
2. Scroll down to the Security Settings.
3. Make sure that the two boxes are checked that say
"Enable SSL 2" or "Enable SSL 3".
Try your secure sites.

Another thing you can try is:

Go to start/run
Type in: regsvr32 softpub.dll

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=305217
Page Cannot Be Displayed Error During SSL 3.0 Server Session Timeout
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=813444
Troubleshoot Situations Where You Cannot Complete MSN Sign-up pr Connect to
SSL Secured (128-Bit) Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;813951
You Cannot Access Your MSN E-mail Account or Authenticate with a Web Site in
Various Programs

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;303807
"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to View Web Page
on a Secure Web Site

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326155

"The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to Start Internet
Explorer

"Sue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am trying to repair IE 6. All of a sudden I can not pull
> up my bank statements. I think it as to do with 128 bit.
> When I scan for window updates I get error# 0x800A138F
> Thanks in advance!
> Sue

Relevant Pages

  • Re: unable to access secure sites a la becky 17/4/04
    ... Tools> Internet Options> Advanced ... Try your secure sites. ... Secured Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP ... Secure Web Site ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: can not log on to secure sites
    ... Try your secure sites. ... Secured Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP ... Secure Web Site ... > tried with the firewall both on and off with no luck. ...
  • Re: Hotmail, Windows Update, & MSN mess. all not working
    ... >Try your secure sites. ... >Secure Web Site ... >"Windows Update has encountered an error cannot display ... >> My Hotmail account and Windows Update works on other ...
  • Re: Can not get access to secure sites
    ... Try your secure sites. ... Secured Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP ... Secure Web Site ... > I installed links wireless system, since installation I have not been able to ...
  • Re: Knowledgebase Articles
    ... Perhaps something here will help - although it's really for secure sites, ... Secured Web Sites by Using Internet Explorer in Windows XP ... Secure Web Site ... "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" Error Message When You Try to Start Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)