Re: Documents and Settings subfolders

From: Dave D (
Date: 10/25/03

Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 15:09:54 -0700

Thanks much for the more detailed analysis.
It's interesting the other ways you can see this
phenomenom happening - and they make sense to me.
Unfortunately, I appear to be in that elusive fourth cause
(i.e. - unknown) category!

It will probably have to remain a mystery to us all (which
is both good and bad) because I went in and deleted my
user accounts (actually deleted the admin accounts in safe
mode and then the limited accounts in normal mode) and the
recreated accounts are NOT experiencing this problem.
I've tried messing with it - but can't get the profile to recreate. So it looks
fixed...for now? Bizarre.
Thank you again. And if you think there is something else
worth trying or checking anyway, please let me know.

extension, so
>> this?
>> >>

>> >.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Documents and Settings subfolders
    ... in a domain if domain account Joe and local account Joe ... profile folders created on its first login is new to me. ... > duplicate user profile folders for ONE user account?? ...
  • Re: 1 Notebook unable to log in
    ... NETDOM RESETPWD Resets the machine account password for the domain ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ... This newsgroup only focuses on SBS technical issues. ... | need to migrate their old domain profile [favorites, My Documents, ...
  • Re: MSN Dial Up Wiped Out Mysteriously
    ... | a corrupted profile can produce all the symptoms I mentioned. ... | to somehow create a new account, move things over from the corrupt ... | then eliminate the corrupt account. ... | dialogue box and click on "Properties" nothing comes up or happens. ...
  • Re: Outlook 2003 and XP SP2
    ... profile, ... You can only have one exchange account ... Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ... Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: ...
  • Re: Unable to delete user profile folder using default Admin. acco
    ... I recognize that this isn't Microsoft Tech Support. ... about removing this pesky little profile folder and I'm done. ... the second account's original profile folder is giving me ... It appeared to have been deleted like the first account when I ...