Re: Google problem - no website configured?

anonymous_at_discussions.microsoft.com
Date: 10/18/03

Date: Sat, 18 Oct 2003 11:29:18 -0700

I can get other sites, Alta Vista.ca is working but not
altavista.com (same error message). Can get Excite but not
Ask Jeeges (same error message)

I am learing fast but don't yet know how to Ping.
Can you tell me how to do that?

Angela
the QHOSTS trojan. If
>you ping www.google.com, what IP address do you get in
reply?

>See
>http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/tr
ojan.qhosts.html

>Angela wrote:
>> Can anyone help me to get back to Google search engine.
>> I can get all the other Google sites (Directory, Groups,
>> News, etc) but CANNOT access the search engine.
>>
>> The error message says <there is no website configured
at
>> this address>
>>
>> Is this a problem with security settings or anti-virus
>> software, or what?
>>
>> I have Windows XP Home Edition with updates and am using
>> PC-cillin anti-virus, recently updated.
>>

>> Angela
>

>.

Relevant Pages

  • Google problem - no website configured?
    ... I get an error message saying <There is no website ... Angela ... >>Can anyone help me to get back to Google search engine. ...
  • Google problem - no website configured?
    ... Angela ... >the address bar at the top of Internet Explorer? ... >>Can anyone help me to get back to Google search engine. ...
  • Re: Google problem - no website configured?
    ... Can you go to other search sites? ... Angela wrote: ... > Can anyone help me to get back to Google search engine. ...
  • Re: Google problem - no website configured?
    ... > Angela, Before doing anyhting just go ahead and cleanup ur ... or u can also delete the host file ... >> Can anyone help me to get back to Google search engine. ...
  • Re: microsoft outlook and outlook express no longer work with free hotmail accounts
    ... SP2 and got the explanation from OE's error log. ... that Outlook 2002 couldn't give a more accurate error message and I had ... error messages in the KB search engine and didn't get a hit. ... hasn't yet been upgraded to 250 MB's, but had worked fine with Outlook ...
    (microsoft.public.outlook)