Re: Strange icon appeared on desktop

From: Tracy (tracy.spicer_at_tesco.net)
Date: 09/30/03

Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 05:47:47 -0700

listed in the task
>manager.
>

>"Tracy" <tracy.spicer@tesco.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>> A new icon appeared on desktop y'day and I dont know
>> where its come from or what to do about it! I'm scared
>> click on it incase something horrible happens to
>> computer.When I hover mouse over it, it says its a file
>> and that its 174KB.Ive scanned it with avg which comes
up
>> clean. Also,when I go in2 Task Manager SVCHOST.EXE is
>> listed about 6 times though I have latest patches and
>> have scanned whole system with avg and have also ran
the
>> WELCHIA removal tool and that didnt detect it. I
disabled
>> system restore prior to running welchia tool as
advised,
>> but as SVCHOST is still coming up in task manager I
dont
>> know if I should swith it back on?
>> I would really appreciate any help or advice as Im now
>> really worried that something awful has been downloaded
>> on2 my computer. Thanx in advance. From Tracy
>
>.
>Diggy, Cheers for that. Panicked because had email from
isp with a list of .EXE files that had to look for in
task manager!! Tracy

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Strange icon appeared on desktop
    ... > WELCHIA removal tool and that didnt detect it. ... > system restore prior to running welchia tool as advised, ... > but as SVCHOST is still coming up in task manager I dont ... From Tracy ...
  • Strange icon appeared on desktop
    ... A new icon appeared on desktop y'day and I dont know ... Also,when I go in2 Task Manager SVCHOST.EXE is ... WELCHIA removal tool and that didnt detect it. ... system restore prior to running welchia tool as advised, ...
  • Re: Re-appearing links
    ... > all processes in the task manager and all automatically started tasks and ... Dont be ashamed, ... "Without Knowledge you have fear, With fear you create your own nightmares." ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: User Accounts
    ... Put cursor in Shortcut key box and ... > I want to get my user account back to the default, so that like if i hit ... > ctrl-alt-del it just brings up the task manager, ... > you dont, post your question, and i will try to answer it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Strange icon appeared on desktop
    ... >> A new icon appeared on desktop y'day and I dont know ... >> WELCHIA removal tool and that didnt detect it. ... From Tracy ... windows doesnt know what progeam created it. ...